I Aim What I Aim
Being this is the beginning of a fledgling new year I thought it might be pertinent to publicly lay out my goals for 2013. You could call them resolutions, though I prefer to think of them as intentions.
What I Aim To Accomplish Over The Next 12 Months:
(in no particular order)
- Secure at least one solo show for ongoing Slim Shady series.
- Get a piece or two in a group show.
- Secure another show for Survival Games, whether just drawings or full installation.
- Complete at least half of new bat installation (500 bat figures).
- Secure an “in process” show of bat installation.
- Have newest work professionally documented.
- Apply for a grant to write narratives about Slim Shady (with QR Codes).
- Get work in YVR display cases.
- Secure a making residency somewhere warm during Vancouver’s cold, rainy months.
- Secure a networking residency.
- Launch revamped website.
- Maintain consistent blogging practice.
- Be more active on social media.
- Sell at least one original piece of work.
- Research products/licensing with an aim to increase arts related income.
- Organize studio swap with Fredericton artist Stephen May.
- Incorporate ukulele playing into LFM orchestra.
- Work on at least one collaboration with another artist/artists.
- Research MFA programs.
- Maintain an average of 15 hours art production per week during non-deadline times.
I’ll admit it is an ambitious list – but with my recently acquired accountability partners* I feel like I’m up for a whiz-bang year.
What about you? What’s on your list of endeavors for 2013?
*What’s this about accountability partners you ask? Find out more in tomorrow’s post…