Being removed from the city and all of it’s post-Christmas/pre-New Year’s consumer drama is a welcome relief.
The treed quietude is the perfect accompaniment for introspection and the conception of big dreams.
WORK GOALS FOR 2014
- Develop a focused business plan for the year
- Secure one solo show
- Sell at least one piece of original artwork
- Complete half of bat installation (500 figures)
- Have bats professionally documented
- Rewrite and send out Survival Games proposal to 3 venues
- Write and send out bat proposal to 3 venues
- Write narratives about Slim Shady work (write one narrative per week and the whole series can be done in less than a year); post on website
- Make some chap books of writing and art – offer for sale in online shop
- Experiment with up-cycled t-shirts – offer for sale in online shop
- Maintain an average of 15hrs/week art production during non deadline times (60hrs/month – fell slightly short of this goal for 2013)
- Research and apply for a creation residency somewhere warm during winter months
- Research and apply for a networking residency
- Promote søciety6 store
- Attend art openings (at least one/month)
- Continue weekly studio skype sessions w/Tzaddi
- Search for other artists to studio skype with
- Develop newsletter and write/publish first issue
- Maintain consistent blogging schedule of 3-4 posts per month
- Create links to society6 on website/create store of original work on site
- Increase activity on social media – be useful, help people more
- Truly Troubled dog toy production on a bi-weekly basis (got all the materials, might as well use them up this year); aim to complete 200 toys
- Website for dog toys
- Think about/research Masters of Art programs
- Consider registering in a biz retreat type program (smaller than WDS, focused on artists’ professional development if possible)
- Less T.O.D. more work!
PERSONAL GOALS FOR 2014
- Maintain YWCA routine (swim 3x/wk)
- Work on strata council to improve management and communication
- Volunteer on B.O.D. for earthand gleaners society
- Finish planned reno’s in kitchen
- Ukulele lessons – to fast track my progress
- Think about voice lessons (would love to be more confident when singing)
- Reintroduce creative writing into schedule, without expectations or judgments
- Be more in-person social; make an effort to meet new people
- Become more politically involved (speak out, stand up, attend rallies for issues I believe in)
- Less T.O.D. more living!
How are you spending the last precious days of 2013? What are your big dreams for 2014? Please share in the comments below.